Historically known as Sugar Hill Apartments, this property is a storied part of Miami’s urban community. Built in 1956, many throughout the years have called its 12 buildings and 132 garden-style, walk-up apartments home. Later renamed Renaissance at Sugar Hill, in the 1990s it was purchased by the Urban League (and later New Urban Development) at the request of Miami-Dade County leaders. The organization operated it for some time, eventually moving all the residents out so the property could undergo a much-needed renovation. Renaissance now has enjoyed a renaissance of its own. Today, with all twelve buildings completed, it includes a new Community Center and a computer center. On-site staff, management and maintenance ensure the property’s preservation and management’s interaction with tenants to create a comfortable home for its residents.